Classic Skin

Classic Skin
Bringing back the pride

Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Answer or just the Alternative?

It has been a few weeks and all the hype is gone surrounding this out of the blue trade that the Redskins made for Donovan McNabb. I have tried to look at this thing from every angle. I have had friends from all over the country call me about this trade. Everyone from my Philly fans, to my Cowboy fans, have all weighed in and given me their opinion. I kept quiet for a long time hell I didn’t even answer my phone from people that I knew was calling me about the trade for a few days. I hated this trade from the very beginning, as a dedicated but leery Redskin fan I am use to these crazy stunts by the Redskins front office. I didn’t expect anything different just because we have changed personnel, but DONOVAN MCNABB!!!! I just wasn’t ready for that. I mean I am sick of the Redskins winning the Superbowl in the off season. Well, I thought that I had finally come to terms with the fact that he is here well and I just have to deal with it, at least for now.
Well that lasted until I had to see him in the burgundy and gold. Seeing him that first day at Redskins Park in the burgundy and gold just made my stomach curl, after all this is the same person that I spent the last ten years hating, for at least two weekends of the season. Hell, I even sided with Terrell Owens in the whole lover’s spat they had. I have been trying to be supportive of Jason Campbell truly believing that he is a better quarterback than we have seen, thinking that if could just have a consistent offensive line then everything would be ok. Well, it seems that no one has the patience that I have when it comes to developing talent. I still hold on to my belief that an offensive line can make all the difference in the world if you can’t protect your quarterback then as Levar Arrington said “Jesus could be in the back field and would get drilled.”
With all this being said, I am not running out and buying my McNabb jersey but I will jump on the bandwagon for now. No, I am not making any great predictions that we are going to the show or that we are going to win 13 games next year but I will say that the whole NFC picture has gotten a lot more interesting.

Classic Skin

2 comments:

  1. Yea I am in the holding pattern myself.. we will just have to wait and see how this pans out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm torn because I actually like Donovan, now I must loathe him lol

    ReplyDelete